Writing A Technical Report in LaTeX
To learn how to write a technical report or research artice in LaTeX.
- Download the files:
report.tex, report.bib, fullpage.sty to your machine.
- Open a Terminal Program and compile the report file using
latex report. There should be a new file named
report.dvi created in the same directory.
- View the DVI file using command:
xdvi report &.
- Convert the DVI file to a PDF file using command:
- Open the PDF file in Okular or PDF viewer using command:
okular report.pdf &.
- View the contents of the PDF file and check if there is any error. There are some question marks shown in the content.
- This is due to missing references. This can be fixed by using the command:
bibtex report and then run the command:
latex report 2-3 times. Then convert the DVI file to a PDF file and check if there is still question marks shown.
The content of this web page is adopted from the web page http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3907016